We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic dinner?

kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
romantic dinner?

I would like to find a nice romantic restaurant for me and my girlfriend to attend for dinner. the Lexington or Louisville area would be nice. If anyone knows of any please let me know?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic dinner?

Depending on how much you want to spend, in Lexington you might want to look into a la lucie, Dudley's, Giuseppe's Ristorante Italiano & Bar, Merrick Inn and Jonathan at Gratz Park, to name a few. Outside of Lexington, Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg and Holly Hill Inn in Midway are some that come to mind.

kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic dinner?

thanks for the ideas, I'm not worried about the price i just need somewhere that serves chicken and steak.

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic dinner?

In Louisville romanticals........

-Jack Fry's

-Corbett's

-Les Relais

-Le Gallo Rosso

-Bucks

-The English Grill

-Varanese

Take a look at the menus here

louisvillehotbytes.com/restaurant-websites

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic dinner?

One other thought in Louisville. You may want to think about Captain's Quarters. It's about 7 miles from downtown Louisville on River Road. It's a very pretty drive along the river. Takes about 15 minutes.

The restaurant sits on the river and has a really nice deck on the back. If the weather is nice, dine outside and watch the boats come & go. On the weekends, they have live music around a big outdoor bar.

Here's the menu:

cqriverside.com/Menu/CQ_2009_Summer_Menu.pdf

Here are some photos of the place:

www.cqriverside.com/gallery_directory.htm

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic dinner?

Buck's is closing, isn't it SeaGrover? I have not been to Rivue, but my friends loved it. Top of the Galt House with stunning views. L and N Wine Bistro is in an old house and is very romantic. They have an outside dining patio, too. I really love Varanese. It's becoming one of Louisville's favorite places. They have a casual, yet nice feel with a fountain wall and live jazz. As mentioned above, Le Relais is a lovely French restaurant at the small Bowman Field airport. Loads of charm! Food is superb. Why not schedule a ride around town on a biplane afterward?

http://www.classicbiplanetours.com/

In Lexington, my favorite is Gratz Park Inn...Jonathan's. Always superb.

Louisville
Level Contributor
962 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic dinner?

Linda,

I remember reading on Robin's forum that the owner of Buck's was retiring. But I don't know if that means that the restaurant is going to close or if someone else will keep it going.

7. Re: romantic dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 05:16