We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Gas

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Topic
Cost of Gas

I am planning a trip to Berea Kentucky and I need to know the total cost for gas for this trip. I have a Ford van and I get 22 miles to the gal highway and 16 in the city. I am coming from Englewood FL. Can anyone help with this? I Thank you ! :)

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Gas

If gas prices are $4/gallon, averaging 22 mpg (it's all highway), about 1,840 miles round trip (plus about 60 for any side trips), it will cost you about $350 total. Of course, this depends on a LOT of factors like traffic (wrecks, construction), gas prices, if you go anywhere while you're in Berea, etc...

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Gas

Thank you or your reply ! We are looking to move there and have never been there before. Do you like in Kentucky? What is it live? Thank you !

Edited: 25 April 2012, 15:05
Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Gas

Thank you for your reply ! We are looking to move there and have never been there before. Do you live in Kentucky? And what is it like?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Gas

Yes, I live in Kentucky and love it! It is a gorgeous state with so many wonderful attractions. We're all about horses, history and hooch in Central Kentucky! Plus, we get all four seasons:if you want snow, but not have a foot; gorgeous fall foilage and spring blossoms, hot summer but not for too long; Kentucky is perfect! The recession did not hit as bad here because we have a diverse economy. You will love Berea! It's a wonderful small town.

If you would like more information on Lexington and the Bluegrass Region, go to www.visitlex.com.

If you would like more information on Berea, go to www.berea.com.

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Gas

Thank you for the info ! I live in FL and I have never seen snow ! I also have never been in the cold so this will be a big move for me ! My husband is from the North so. .. I am really looking forward to this. We are on track of a house there and we are working to make that a reality ! By the way, What is hooch?!! :)

Virginia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Gas

Hi There - your question couldn't be more timely as we're about to launch a new version of Cost2Drive that will do the calculation for your and also show the cheapest gas at refueling points along the way. We're looking for some early beta testers so happy to provide a sneak peak so you can use if for your trip. Here's the link http://beta.costtodrive.com

Hope this helps!

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Gas

Thank you for the link ! It will be a long trip but we are looking forward to it ! Thanks again !

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Gas

Thanks again! I just went to the link that you sent me and tried it out ! That is sooooo cool ! Thank you !

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Gas

AAA also has a gas mileage calculator: http://fuelcostcalculator.aaa.com/

Englewood, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Gas

Thank you for the advice ! I will look into that. Have a great day !