We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct lakefront camping?

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Direct lakefront camping?

Can someone suggest a lake in KY that has tent camping areas directly on (or very close to) the lake's edge? We will have many children in our group from ages 5-14 so we need somewhere that allows us to transport our gear easily from our vehicles to the campsites.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct lakefront camping?

Many of the state parks - Nolan Lake is the first one that comes to my mind with sites right on the water. Barkley's are close to the lake. All the Corps of Engineers campgrounds in our area are on the water - Hurricane Creek, Eureka, and Canal. In Land Between the Lakes, there is Energy Lake and Hillman Ferry CG, both with hook-ups, and then SEVERAL beautiful primitive campgrounds. Let me know if you'd like more information on any of them.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 21:46
Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct lakefront camping?

Thanks! I'll check that out.

3. Re: Direct lakefront camping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:41