We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30' ft. RV.....where to camp near Red River Gorge?

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
30' ft. RV.....where to camp near Red River Gorge?

I saw that the Daniel Boone National Forest is in Winchester, KY, but there were only 3 questions in that forum, so I was afraid that nobody would see my question there..

Can you please help with where to camp in our RV (we need electric and water) near Red River Gorge? It can be in the National Forest or Natural Bridge State Park, or we could even stay at a private campground. We're just looking for a clean and scenic place to camp for 3 days in May. We have a 30' ft. travel trailer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30' ft. RV.....where to camp near Red River Gorge?

In Natural Bridge State Resort park there are two campgrounds, Whittleton Campground and Middle Fork Campground, provide 87 sites with utilities. Dump stations and two central service buildings with restrooms and showers. Closed Nov 15 - Mar 15. I think Middle Fork takes units over 50', so you'd be fine for length. Here's the link you can check out:

…reserveamerica.com/camping/…

2. Re: 30' ft. RV.....where to camp near Red River Gorge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 06:15