We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

Planning a weekend trip to Lexington, KY (6/14-6/16). While I have the other meals planned (thank you Trip Advisor contributors!!), I HAVE to have a Hot Brown Sandwich! I absolutely loved them when visiting Louisville, so anything in the area that's comparable. Will be staying downtown. If I may also add...what are your thoughts about Breakfast at "the Track" at Keeneland??? I have never been to a horse track. Would they still have workouts during this time-when there are no races scheduled?

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
348 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

My favorite Hot brown is at Winchells on Southland drive.

Breakfast with the works is available when there aren't races. Everyone raves about the experience.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

Thank you for your reply! I have informed my dear husband where we will be eating when we arrive in Lexington! :0)

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
359 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

Several downtown restaurants offer a hot brown including Dudley's, Ramsey's, Triangle Grille in the Hilton, Jonathan at Gratz Park, Stella's Kentucky Deli (a little different from the normal Hot Brown), Cheapside (also a little different version), to name a few.

Breakfast with the Works is fun! You get to eat alongside jockeys, trainers, etc. and the breakfast is downhome Southern comfort food. Depending on weather, they generally train the horses until around 10.

Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
348 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

Yes, those have hot browns. In my opinion they are not as authentic.

5. Re: In search of the best "Hot Brown Sandwich" in Lexington, KY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:16