We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route

Monroe, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Best route

We are traveling from Lexington to Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate.....

which is the best route to take?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
765 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route

The best route is I-75 S out of Lexington to I-640E around Knoxville to I-40 E. I-40 will take you right into Asheville where you will see signs for the Biltmore. Should be exit 50 off of I-40 in Asheville. Others might recommend taking I-75 to US-25 E out of the Corbin, KY area down to I-81 through Morristown,TN. This might be a little more scenic if you have the time. It's actually about 13 miles shorter than the route I recommended and you can easily hit the Cumberland Gap Ntl Park but it's a 4 lane divided highway that can be slow going in spots.

2. Re: Best route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:17