We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

My hubby and I are trying to visit every state over our lifetime. We're about halfway there so far! We're going to be staying for 3 nights in Nashville next April and I noticed that we won't be far from the Kentucky border. Can anyone suggest a place in Kentucky that we can travel to from Nashville and maybe have lunch, so we can tick Kentucky off our list? I'm sure we will visit Kentucky properly again sometime but it would be great if we can make a short visit to it on this trip.

Level Contributor
375 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

the closest town of any size will be Bowling Green, Ky so you might want to check out something there. I am not from there so can't recommend anything in particular. If you have a little more time while in the area I would recommend checking out Mammoth Cave National Park. It is beautiful and fascinating and worth your time.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
34 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

Check out the Brickyard Cafe in Franklin KY. It is just across the state line in a neat little small town. We had wonderful food and service the last time we were there. Don't think you will be disappointed.

If you get up to Bowling Green, we always stop in at the Corvette Museum and grab a bite in the 50's Diner that is there. You can also walk around the lobby of the Museum and see alot without having to pay to go through the Museum. Have fun!

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

Thanks for the replies, I think we will head for Bowling Green and check out the Corvette Museum. Looking forward to it!

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

OK, it's not exactly "near", cause Louisville is 2 3/4 hours from Nashville. But my favorite restaurant in Kentucky is located here: Ramsi's Cafe on the World. And depending on what states you still need to tick off you'll be right across the Ohio River from Indiana. http://www.ramsiscafe.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,165 posts
776 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

You could grab a bite at the Jim Beam Factory if you like BBQ and enjoy a bourbon tour as well....

6. Re: Place for lunch in ky, near to Nashville, tn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:18