We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berea and surrounding areas

ohio
Level Contributor
410 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Berea and surrounding areas

Will be traveling through Kentucky from Georgia to Ohio, and spending a night in Berea. Looking forward to seeing the arts and crafts in Berea. Since it appears there are many places to choose from and we'll have limited time, any particular galleries or studios we should be sure to see?

Also, any other interesting places to stop near I-75 when on the road? Restaurant recommendations?

Thank you!

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berea and surrounding areas

There are two primary galleries: the depot in downtown Berea and the handcraft center on the north side of Berea adjacent to I-75. Both have plenty of signage giving directions. The handcraft center next to 75 is particularly impressive.

Consider eating at Boone Tavern for dinner.

Since you'll coming north on I-75, there are some options:

Colonel Sanders original restaurant in Corbin

Cumberland Falls State Resort Park

Camp Wildcat Civil War Battlefield.

These are all prior to Berea.

Then:

Richmond Civil War Battlefield

Ky. Horse Park and Lexington area attractions

There are also several wineries just off the interstate.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

ohio
Level Contributor
410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berea and surrounding areas

Thank you so much!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berea and surrounding areas

Have stayed and eaten at the Boone hotel several times. Although it does not bother my wife and I it surprises some guests when they find out the restaurant is dry, at least that was the case on our last visit . If your intent is to order a bottle of wine with a nice dinner you may want to call ahead. Otherwise, Berea is a neat little town primarily staffed by students at the college. Well worth a stop!

Edited: 29 July 2014, 21:32
ohio
Level Contributor
410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berea and surrounding areas

Thanks again for the advice. I had a very nice time in Berea. Stayed at the Boone Tavern which was excellent. I appreciate the heads-up about no alcohol, although it really didn't bother me. I had a lovely dinner and breakfast there.

I enjoyed visiting the galleries around town and the artisan center near the freeway which I agree was great.

5. Re: Berea and surrounding areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16