We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

San Francisco...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

Hi,

I am planning on visiting (2nd time) with my Mom (1st time) and Sister (2nd time) for Thanksgiving Day into the weekend. We will only have 4 full days in town and wondering if I should know anything about this holiday in New Orleans ahead of my trip. Weather/parades/festivals?

Also, do you tours as a must do? Regions to visit? Last time I was there it was mostly dinner/drinks and volunteer work.

Thanks a bunch!

RM

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

The Bayou Classic football game between Grambling & Southern is that weekend. Lots of rowdy fans take over the French Quarter as well as inflated hotel rates. I've been there once that weekend-never again due to extremely rude fans.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

I've heard the same thing poole is talking about, but I also have neighbors that went for their first visit to New Orleans three years ago over Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time, no problems.

That certainly surprised me, but even more surprising was that these neighbors stayed at the Prince Conti (which they thought was great) because of the cheaper rates. Who wouldda thunk it??

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

Here's a link to Thanksgiving dining in NOLA. The Bayou Classic is a football game between Southern and Grambling on Saturdaya that's a big event. There will be a lot of visitor's in the FQ before and after the game. Enjoy your visit.

neworleansonline.com/news/…thanksgiving.html

4. Re: New Orleans for Thanksgiving/Wknd 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 04:18