We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

Massachusetts
6 posts
Save Topic
Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

I want to go away with my girlfriends for a weekend in August. We live in the Boston area and need somewhere somewhat close. We like good food, a relaxing atmosphere, maybe a fun bar in the close vicinity. A spa and a pool is great too. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

I've sort of been waiting for others to respond, but they haven't, so here's my suggestion of Portland. Change the forum to "Portland" (above....jump to a more specific forum) and read some of the posts about visiting. If you want, you won't even need a car. Can take train or bus (nice bus, not icky - Concord Trialways out of South Station) direct from Boston to Portland. If you do come by car, you can take advantage of part of a day at one of the beaches in the area. (#1=Crescent Beach in Cape Elizabeth, 15 minutes from downtown Portland.) August is the perfect time of year to do that. Stay at one of the hotels in the Old Port (Regency, Portland Harbor Hotel or Garden Inn) and have restaurants, museums and bars at your door. The Regency has a luxurious spa. Up the hill a bit is a Holiday Inn ("By the Bay") with a pool, but I'd go for any of the other 3 first. There's plenty to keep you girls thoroughly occupied and entertained for a weekend!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

Concord Trailways, not Trialways. Honestly - typos 2 postings in a row!

Rockland, Maine USA
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

You are looking for the Samoset Resort in Rockport. It is beautiful and the perfect place to go with friends. It is right on the ocean and they have a gorgeous golf course in case any of you indulge. There is also a fitness center with indoor and outdoor pools, an upscale restaurant and a fun pub/bar type restaurant. It is right in midcoast Maine and the perfect place to stay and visit other locations. Take a look at the Rockport/Rockland/Camden area and you will see how many things there are to do. Have fun!

4. Re: Place to go w/ friends for a fun, relaxing weekend in Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:17