We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

I just got married and my husband and I are planning a bed & breakfast for our honeymoon. We're not sure if we should look in cape cod, martha's vineyard, somewhere in Maine or somewhere in NewPort, Rhode Island. I'm pretty clueless as to which area to go. We're looking for a luxurious B&B with privacy, gourmet breakfast and jacuzzi. We're willing to spend the money since it's our honeymoon. Can you suggest a very nice B&B with triple A service? We're planning on spending about 3 nights. We just want somewhere nice where we can take a walk to the water, go on boat rides, do some biking and perhaps horse-back riding. We'll be traveling from NY and we can either drive or fly...doesn't matter. Any good recommendations?

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

Forget 3-star, there's a 5-star in Kennebunk. A world-renowned place:

www.whitebarninn.com

Another I've stayed at comes to mind in Bar Harbor:

www.balancerockinn.com

The White Barn Inn will give you a glimpse of southern Maine and its amenities, and the Balance Rock gives you "downeast" Maine. Both areas have so much going for them, I'd be hard put to recommend one over the other. Don't know about the horseback riding, but everything else would be available to you.

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

B&B's often don't offer much "honeymoon privacy", and most dont have in room jacuzzis.

I'd look at StageNeck.com and WentworthbytheSea.com

Maitland, FL
Level Contributor
431 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

I disagree about honeymoon stays at B&B's. I have many honeymoon couples at my b&b in FL. Google bed & breakfast Maine and jaccuzzi or whirpool and many will show up.

4. Re: Honeymoon, need recommendation on luxurious Bed & Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 12:17