We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

We are overnighting in these locations (some for 1 night, some for 2):

Boston

Freeport

Millinocket

Bar Harbor

Camden

If you had to choose, where would you have dinner? Or Breakfast (just in Bar Harbor--the others are covered)? We are definitely people who like casual restaurants, but more importantly, if the weather's nice, we like to be outside. What shouldnt' we miss??? Thanks for the input!

Central Maine
Level Contributor
451 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Freeport:

You are only 20 minutes away from the "big city", Portland, and many fine dining options. But I will recommend a few in more immediate areas.

Freeport itself: I know Azure Cafe has a deck but in my experience the food (Italian) is inconsistent. Although no deck I recommend the Broad Arrow Tavern (the "casual" restaurant inside the Harasseekett Inn). Variety on menu from pizza/burgers to fish, steak, lobster, etc. Fun atmosphere.

Just south of Freeport is Yarmouth. Outdoor deck at Royal River Grill overlooking marina (steak and seafood, good shellfish apps).

A little farther south is Falmouth Sea Grill (Rte1A). Super fresh seafood. Deck overlooking Casco Bay islands and Portland.

Enjoy your trip.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Hi M19S997,

In Boston try the following places:

Stephanie's on Newbury , which has outdoor seating

Atlantic Fish Co. on Boylston (also has outdoor seating)

Papa Razi on Dartmouth

In Freeport, the Haraseeket Inn (no outdoor seating that I know of, but wonderful atmosphere)

In Camden, The Waterfront Restaurant; has indoor and outside seating overlooking the harbor

In Bar Harbor, the Bar Harbor Inn's restaurants which have indoor and outdoor seating

Have never been to Millinocket.

Good luck with your trip and don't forget to post back with a report :).

cozyharbor

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Breakfast in Bar Harbor: Jordan's Restaurant on Cottage St. Great locals spot. Spring for real maple syrup for your blueberry pancakes ($2.50 extra, but worth it!)

I love Legal Seafoods on Long Wharf in Boston. Only this location, though, not some of the others in town. They've got a terrific outdoor dining area.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,377 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

For breakfast in Bar Harbor, the following restaurants have outdoor seating: Two Cats, Cafe This Way, and the Cottage Street Bakery.

Rupununi's and The Parkside have outdoor seating for dinner.

Virginia
Level Contributor
291 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Bar Harbor: Jordan's has a good, fast breakfast. No outdoor seating though.

Millinocket: We ate at the Appalachian Trail Cafe in town. Casual no-nonsense place with good food at a reasonable price.

I heard that Hotel Terrace has good food and I also read that 'River Drivers' is good but more upscale (ie $15 - 20 entrees). I have not eaten at either though.

boe
central NJ
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Your statement "We are definitely people who like casual restaurants, but more importantly, if the weather's nice, we like to be outside" makes me think of the Jordan Pond House within Acadia National Park (only restaurant in park). I hope you have plans to have tea and popovers (or lunch, or dinner, or just a snack) there ... for the view is incomparable from the lawn seating. I have seen people come dressed for dinner, or in casual attire after a full day on the trails or riding bikes; in fact, you can bike to it via the carriage roads or take the free Island Explorer bus (which can also carry bikes).

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Thank you for all of the recommendations!

8. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:16