We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

Dublin
Level Contributor
43 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

My husband and I have 10 days in New England (7 - 17 October). We have an outline itinerary - all suggestions welcome!

7 & 8 Boston

9 & 10 Ogunquit, ME(16 Beach Street B&B)

11 Lincoln, New Hampshire

12 & 13 Stowe, Vermont

14 Manchester Centre, MA

15 ???

16 & 17 Cape Cod, MA

Thanks!

Michelle

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

It would help us to know what you like to do/see.

Dublin
Level Contributor
43 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

We like nice walks, browsing the shops, eating well and generally pampering ourselves!

Shirley...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

2 nights will be enough at that time of year. You will find that Ogunquit is beginning to close down a bit for the winter. I think a lot places stay open until mid-October to get through the foliage season and then the seasonal places close. You should have time to walk the marginal way, check out some tidal pools at low tide, and maybe even drive up or down the coast a bit.

Keep in mind that here in New England we are on the eastern edge of our time zone so the days start to get a little short by mid October, dusk/dark will hit around 6:00 PM. This means that you will want to plan your driving days to get out early and give you some time to get there if you plan to sight see along the way. I'm thinking in particular of your planned drive from Ogunquit to Lincoln.

Another tip, is minimize your driving at dusk or later in the backroads of the north country to avoid hitting a Moose.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

Hi Michmast,

While you are in Ogunquit you must walk the Marginal Way. It is a paved rolling path along the rocky shore. IMO, it gives you the real feel of Maine.

Here is a link to TA members reviews of the Marginal Way: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g40790-d10…

Enjoy your trip to America!

5. Re: Is 2 nights in Ogunquit enough ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 02:16