We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

I am looking into a balloon ride as a birthday present for my father. We will be in Brooklin for a week in July and I thought that Maine would be a great place for a balloon ride but I can't find much online. Ideally, the trip should begin within an hour or so of Brooklin. Any ideas?

Worst case, there are plenty of options near their home in Pennsylvania.

Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
54 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

We have a home in Brooklin and often see specialty flights advertised (such as gliders) at the Bar Harbor Airport on our way to Acadia (about 45 minutes)...I'm not sure if they have balloons or not, but it's worth a try. Someone there might know a local baloonist who could accomodate you. When searching for them you might try googling Trenton + airports too, as it may be actually located in Trenton (the gateway town on rt 3 before you hit MDI)

Have a nice visit to Brooklin!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

I tend to pay attention to balloons, and I've seen this balloon company in the Portland area, http://www.hotfunballoons.com However, I've never noticed any balloons in eastern Maine. You might contact this pilot and see if he can refer you to anyone closer than Portland.

You might also contact the folks at the Great Falls Balloon Festival and see if they can point you to someone in the area. See http://www.greatfallsballoonfestival.org

Good luck. What a great gift!

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

Hi my wife and I are hot air balloon fanatics and have done a few rides in areas throughout the country. We live in Downeast Maine, a little over an hour from Blue Hill, and unfortunately there are no hot air balloon companies or pilots in the area that I know off. There are a few in southern Maine and a couple in New Brunswick. Though it might be possible to hire someone to come to Blue Hill area to do a flight it would be expensive. We hired one to come to our wedding in Machias (but the weather prevented the flight). If you really want to pursue that possibility let me know and I will find the contact info for the pilot we hired. I agree with Michele that you should check out the Great Falls Ballon Festival web site and look for the few Maine pilots if you want to try to pursue a flight in Maine.

I think a balloon flight in Brooklin probably will not happen though I agree it would be a beautiful area to fly over as long as the wind blew in the right direction, meaning not out to sea lol.

There are several hot air balloon festivals throughout the eastern US in July and August. Will you be driving to Maine and back and if so when, you may be able to hit up a festival somewhere on the way up or back I would be happy to try to help you figure out if that is possible. Hot air balloon rides are great anytime, but we have really liked rides during a festival with other balloons it is a really neat experience. Just curious has your father ever had a flight before. It is something everyone should experience at least once in their lives.

4. Re: Hot ballon rides near Brooklin/Blue Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 13:16