We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

Wondering if anyone can recommend one over the other. It would be for a day during our vacation at Kennebunkport July 4th week. Kids are 16, 12, 10, and 8. Any info anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LJR
Saco, Maine
Level Contributor
347 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

My kids would probably say Funtown/Splashtown. Much more to do. It is an amusement park and water park rolled into one. I'm sure that it costs more than Aquaboggin, but well worth it especially if you are going for the whole day.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

I second the vote for Funtown/Splashtown. They've expanded their waterpark and, as said previously, there's also the rides and games in Funtown.

Having said that, you could also go to Water Country in Portsmouth, NH, but you've probably already been there/done that.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

Thank you for the responses. I couldn't tell from the website if there were really all that many rides in the water park area. We have been to Water Country which has alot to do. So, I was hoping that Splashtown would have enough in comparison. I know the kids will like the amusement rides too. But I think the waterpark would be the main draw for most of us (especially if it's hot). We will probably try Funtown/Splashtown since the kids have already heard about it and want to go. Thanks again!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

To compare Water Country and Splashtown:

WC has a wave pool and the lazy river. ST does not.

They both have the play area with the big bucket that dumps on your head.

WC has a couple of family tube rides. I think ST has only one.

WC is definitely bigger, but ST has increased in size since they took out the mini-golf.

5. Re: Funtown/Splashtown or Aquaboggin Water park???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 03:20