We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Inn or small resort

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Seaside Inn or small resort

Hi, My husband and myself will be spending a few days for business near Brunswick Maine, and we would like to spend an extra couple of days within a few hours of there . We really prefer quiet inns or smaller Country Inns, rather than busy in town hotels or resorts.

So, any suggestions for an upper quality small inn near the vicinity ?

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaside Inn or small resort

You can't really go wrong in Maine, there aren't many "resorts" or "busy towns"...depending on your dates however, things may be filled up already. Welch House Inn in Boothbay Harbor is a favorite of ours, or you might consider Inn at Sunrise Point near Camden. High Tide Inn, near Camden, is a lovely spot, a former estate, but might not be the quality that you are looking for, it's more old-seaside-estate-past-it's-prime - turned into an inn.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaside Inn or small resort

I checked out the Welch House Inn, and its definitely on my list. Another Inn that looks nice is The Bradley Inn. Any comments on it ?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaside Inn or small resort

Well, after doing some more extensive research, I have booked a room at Welch House Inn. We are really looking forward to visting the area !

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaside Inn or small resort

Hi Shawnda,

You'll love the Welch House Inn. Its in a great location with spectacular/panoramic views, decorated very nicely and the Innkeepers seem nice (the Inn was on a house and garden tour awhile back so I was able to see some of the rooms and main living area and meet the Innkeepers). Plus its just a very short walk to town.

The only downside is that it sits high on a hill (thus the gorgeous views) so walking back up from town, depending on the shape you're in, could have you huffing and puffing a bit. But then you'll be able to justify or burn off whatever wonderful lunch/dinner you've had :).

Have fun in BBH and don't forget to post and let us know how your trip went!

cozyharbor

5. Re: Seaside Inn or small resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:18