We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
896 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Weather now

We are arriving in Portland Sunday night and touring up the coast and back, flying home on the 18th.

Can you please let me know what the weather is like at the moment and what we may expect during our trip.

I have been on weather.com, but friends have just returned from Florida (I know a long way away from Maine) and reported bad weather in Maine which doesn't confirm what weather.com says.

Maine
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather now

Yes we have had a rainy summer but the last few weeks have been beautiful. Still great beach days, nights are getting cooler, bring a light jacket. The leftover of tropical storm Hanna is supposed to reach us Saturday night giving us heavy rain but it should be better by Sunday night, right now they are forcasting Sunny and 74 for Monday the 8th.

Maine
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather now

If you go to www.wunderground.com/history you can plug in your dates and locations and they'll give you predicted temperatures based on history.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather now

The weather at the moment is stunningly beautiful up here in Bar Harbor. It's 70F/21C, 60% humidity, slight breeze from the East/Southeast, and a few bright puffy white clouds in the blue, blue sky. The nights have been getting a bit chilly, down to 52F/11C.

The ten day forecast isn't usually very accurate. But, for what it's worth, they say you can expect similar weather next week with a small chance of some showers on Wednesday.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather now

Weather the past four days has been the best of the summer.... Around 60 degrees at 7:30AM....daytime highs in upper 70's to low 80's...overnight lows in the upper 50's.....at least that what we've had in the greater Augusta area....

Almost perfect weather for anything outside....

Forecasters locally are calling for some messy (wet and windy) weather Saturday evening/night into Sunday mid-day as the remnants of Hurricane Hannah moves through....and have started a long-term watch on other possible tropical storms/hurricanes now forming in the tropics. But it is way, way, way too early for them to have any reliable information or for us to get excited about any of them yet.

I'd tuck in a light jacket/sweater/wind breaker and prepare for what we locals hope is some of the best weather of the year over the next several weeks.

Enjoy your visit.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
896 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather now

Thank you very much for all the information and I understand it is impossible to predict what will happen (UK forcasters just wait til rain/sun/snow/wind is here then tell us what is happening - they don't seem able to predict anything).

I can cope with cold and rain (I'm from the UK), but I just hope to be able to do some photography and obviously sunny dry weather would be appreciated.

I'll keep fingers crossed for no hurricanes etc.

Looking forward to our trip - thanks once again.

6. Re: Weather now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:17