We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pick a town

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
pick a town

Looking to go to Maine on the memorial weekend....its coming up!!!!! which town in more magical in Maine???.....there is so many...they all look beautiful but is there a one that stands out in terms of food, scenery, ppl, etc...thanks all!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pick a town

Bar Harbor, Maine stands out because of Acadia National Park which is gorgeous. We also have a wide choice of wonderful restaurants. Come on up!

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pick a town

I was in Bar Harbor this past weekend, and highly recommend this as a great time to visit. It's still relatively free of tourists, loding rates are as low as they will get, and the the trees leafing out are spectacular. Unless you have your heart set on going swimming, this is a great time to visit.

Remember, it can get a bit cold at night, bring long pants, fleece for after dark, wear layers.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pick a town

Ditto the advice on clothing. The days could be in the 60s or 70s but the nights pretty much are still in the mid 40s. The trees indeed are beautiful this time of year and now it looks like the lilacs are coming out a little early.

Virginia
Level Contributor
291 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pick a town

Personally, if I was vacationing in Maine and I didn't go to Bar Harbor, I wouldn't forgive myself. It has the food, scenery and people as well as access to plenty of places to explore outdoors. But, for a second choice I would consider Camden. It too has very nice B&Bs, a picturesque Harbor, good restaurants and a nice town to walk around. I'll probably get some slack for saying this but IMO Bar Harbor is more casual and relaxed while Camden can be a little more uppity.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pick a town

Thanks All!!!! great suggestions...deff sheds a light!!! much appreciated

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,828 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pick a town

Boothbay Harbor is a nice town to visit. Lovely views from the Inns, great food, and friendly people.

We love the TopSide Inn on he Hill.

http://www.topsideinn.com/index.html

7. Re: pick a town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 05:36