We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a romantic getaway with my girlfriend in Maine in the coming weeks.

Preferably something near a lake / hiking trails versus the coast. Could be a B&B or a cabin...something on the higher-end. We are in our early 30's.

There are so many regions of Maine that it's quite difficult to find anything easily, so I was trying to tap into Trip Advisor's extremely knowledgeable and handsome user-base! :)

Does anyone have any recommendation?

Thank you so much in advance!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

In today's Boston Globe, Migis Lodge in South Casco, Maine is highly recommended for exactly what you seek. Young couples, romantic, 4000 feet of shoreline on Sebago Lake, miles of easy walks and hikes, good dining on site, stone hearth fire places in your cabin, laid with a fire after dinner.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

The Moosehead Lake area has excellent hiking and the lake is beautiful. I have never stayed there, but here is one lodge: http://www.lodgeatmooseheadlake.com/

Rangeley Lake is also beautiful and the mountains make for some great hikes. The Appalachian Trail goes nearby. Another lodge I have never stayed at:

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
648 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

Check the ski resorts (Sunday River, Sugarloaf) for fall specials. Bethel Inn is also quite nice. But don't put off making reservations- everyone wants to see the leaves!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

Wing's H

ill Inn in Belgrade comes to mind. Migis Lodge is great, but meals are included and for the price you pay, you don't want to leave and try outside dining choices. Also, we've found migis to be mostly older people who've been going there for 50 years. Check vrbo.com for vacation cabins that might be available near Sebago Lake, Lovell Lake, or lakeside up near Camden.

5. Re: Extended Weekend - Late September or Early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2010, 04:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now