We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive large rental home/B&B for family reunion, south...

Orange County, CA
3 posts
Save Topic
Inexpensive large rental home/B&B for family reunion, south...

I am planning a family reunion for approx 20 people in late July. We would like to stay on the southern coast of Maine for a long weekend. We will probably fly into Boston. We would like to stay in or near a quaint beach town. Most accommodations I am viewing online are very expensive and are rented by the week only. We like having a big room/kitchen for having meals together. We range in age from 4-75. I appreciate any recommendations!

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive large rental home/B&B for family reunion, south...

"quaint beach town" means expensive. As the rental places in Maine's coastal communities are for the most part depending on the summer season for their income, you won't find inexpensive. Perhaps you'll get suggestions of B&B's. Good luck!

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive large rental home/B&B for family reunion, south...

A large house on the southern coast at the height of season will be many thousands of dollars per week. Any chance of picking another location? You will definitely find better rates further Downeast (i.e. way up the coast, beyond Machias. Gorgeous coastline, fewer crowds) Or try looking inland. Check out cyberrentals.com.

Also look at the Oakland House Seaside Resort. They have a number of cottages available for rental, you may be able to combine a few units. This is a wonderful place in Brooksville, ME, on the Blue HIll Peninsula.

Boston
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive large rental home/B&B for family reunion, south...

We are also in the planning stages for a family reunion on Maine's southern coast, but are aiming for mid-June. If you've discovered any houses that can accomodate a group this size, I'd love to know! We are finding that 2-3 BR cottages are the norm, with a few larger properties that have been built up in a sort of plain modern style. The largest properties we found were in York and Kennebunkport. Practically none in Ogunquit. I agree with the previous poster though -- for July you'll be looking at big bucks for the southern coast.