We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to the coast in Feb

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to the coast in Feb

Ok so I have given up on being able to x-country ski anywhere this year. So instead of looking for a place to that, I'm going to head for the coast.

I would like to be somewhere in between Kenneponkport and Freeport. I'm looking for a place that internet. I'll be staying for about week, so a room with more than just a bed would great. I am also looking for a place that is walked friendly [I drive anywhere I need to go, but I like an hours walk everyday].

I normaly stay at the Kings Port Inn in Kennebunkport, which is great, but they don't have internet, and I'm ready for something new.

Any ideas?

scituate, ma
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to the coast in Feb

Inn by the Sea in Cape Elizabeth is a great location, you can walk on the beach right outside the door, and still convenient to Portland et al.

I'm am totally sympathetic to the lack of snow for us x-c skiiers this season - it's a tough one. Still hoping for a blizzard!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to the coast in Feb

Hey there,

I've stayed in a real nice B&B near Portland called PineCrest Bed and Breakfast.

The little historic town in cute with shops within walking distance.

The inn very charming and the included breakfast was delicious.

I bet you can get great rate there this time of year!

Ask for Matt (innkeeper) and tell him that Cookie sent you.

email: matt@pinecrestmaine.com

Good luck and have a great trip!!

Cookie

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to the coast in Feb

Hope I'm not too late. Don't know who has internet, but look up these:

The Danforth in Portland is pretty.

If you'll go as far as Brunswick try out the Middle Bay Inn or the Brunswick B&B. Two totally different approaches. The Brunswick B&B is on the town green, walk all thru downtown, on the Bowdoin campus, thru old neighborhoods. The MiddleBay Inn is on the water, with lovely saltwater farmhouses and country lanes for your walking.

Middle Bay Farm Bed & Breakfast 287 Pennellville Road, Brunswick, ME 04011, 207-373-1375

Brunswick Bed & Breakfast 165 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011, 207-729-4914

Bring your skis. The snow is coming.