We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we change our itinerary?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Should we change our itinerary?

Hi all, looking for a bit of input on our itinerary. We will be in New England for 2 weeks from Sept 3rd-17th and our itinerary at the moment is as follows (all accommodation booked, deposits paid). We are flying in and out of Boston.

Boston – 3 nights

Ogunquit – 3 nights

Bar Harbor – 3 nights

Jackson NH – 3 nights

Woodstock VT – 2 nights

I am happy with the first week itinerary, but the more I look at it, the more I am wondering if 3 nights in Bar Harbor and Jackson is enough? I wonder if I would be better cutting out Woodstock and adding a night in each? I originally picked Woodstock as I wanted to include Vermont in our itinerary, but now I’m thinking, are we just adding another place for the sake of it. Is there much to see in Woodstock that we won’t have already seen on our trip?

We are mainly interested in beautiful scenery and picturesque towns/villages. There seems to be so much to see in Jackson, Bar Harbor and the surrounding areas, I wonder if we would be better to see less places but see them more thoroughly.

I am posting this in the 3 forums to get a broad spectrum of opinion! Would appreciate any input!

1. Re: Should we change our itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 08:20