We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rt 9 vs I 95

West Nyack, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Rt 9 vs I 95

I drive to Fundy bay national park in Canada through Maine.

Can someone advise on which route to take : Rt 9 from Bangor or I 95

Thanks.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rt 9 vs I 95

We travel from NH back to Canada all the time and we use Route 9 between Bangor and Calais. It is good highway, with lots passing lanes, as it is heavily travelled with logging trucks and other transport vehicles. It takes us just over 1 1/2 hrs to do the 90 miles. Lots of other folks use the 95 but we have found this road to be what works for us.

There are 3 border crossings now in Calais. The first one you will come to is the newest, and once you have crossed into Canada you will be on the 4 lane highway in New Brunswick.

Remember your passports to get back into the U.S. and that the time will advance one hr to Atlantic time zone once in New Brunswick

2. Re: Rt 9 vs I 95

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:17