We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

Orrington, Maine
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

I have been looking throughout Craigslist and online for a lakeside

cabin/cottage rental in July in Maine. Location does not matter..anywhere from Caribou to Bar Harbor to Old Orchard area! Any suggestions???

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

There are some nice rentals in the Belgrade Lakes region. For the last several years, we've stayed in a cabin known as the Snake Point Lodge on Great Pond, rented through Day's Real Estate.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

Would help to know your definition of "reasonable" -- what seems like a great price to one person may be outrageous to someone else.....

How many people/bedrooms would also help....

But, absent those pieces of info, would agree with Harborfields that we've had good experiences with previous rentals through Days Real Estate in the Belgrade Lakes area.... Have you checked their website?

Orrington, Maine
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

Probably no more than 850 a week. I saw a few on craigslist for 650-750 and waiting to hear back from one but wasnt sure if anyone had any good suggestions for any others

I will look at the Days Real Estate and see what they have to offer.

It will just be my boyfriend and I so no large place is needed.just a simple cabin/cottage :)

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

Last time we worked with them, Day's offered everything from a very rustic two-room camp that slept two to a "cottage" that slept eight...and included a second building nearby.... The should be able to give you a variety of choices....

5. Re: reasonable lakeside cabin rental in july?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:23