We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland and Bar Harbor Lodging

PA
Level Contributor
830 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Portland and Bar Harbor Lodging

I have been researching various lodging and I'm unsure of my findings. While I know where I would stay on our usual trips, this year my older parents are traveling with us.

They would like ocean views/waterfront (a must) with a kitchen (not a must but a preference). We are looking for 2 bedroom suites. We are open to all suggestions and realize that the budget will need to be extended with these requests.

We can't wait to visit Maine again! Thanks so much for your help!

Maine
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland and Bar Harbor Lodging

In Portland there is the Marriott Residence Inn. Not sure what type of ocean views you had in mind. The Residence Inn is right on Commercial St. in the Old Port across the street from the dock for the Peaks Island Ferry. I can't think of another hotel in Portland which is closer to the water, but as it's in the city it is a working waterfront view and not a rocky coastline type view.

They do have 2 bedroom suites and kitchens.

Downtown hotels also book up very quickly and are pricey in peak season.

PA
Level Contributor
830 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland and Bar Harbor Lodging

Thanks, that looks perfect. With two couples and one car, the complimentary shuttle offered will be a bonus.

3. Re: Portland and Bar Harbor Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:43