We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Eastport, ME

Salinas, CA
7 posts
Save Topic
Staying in Eastport, ME

Hello..

I'll be visiting relatives in Eastport in the middle of May and I'm interested in hotels/motels there.

Also, what can I expect in the way of weather during the month of May?

Thanks in advance.

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Eastport, ME

Go to www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp and plug in the exact days you plan to be there.

Eastport is very small. No chain motels, only small family-owned strip motels and B&Bs. Go to visitmaine.com/organization/search_accommoda… and pick the Downeast Acadia Region and type in Eastport and you'll see the choices. I'd ask the relatives to pick one for you as they'll know what's most likely to be your style. Should be relatively inexpensive as that's not a crowded area and May is a quiet season.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Eastport, ME

The Todd House is nice. May weather can be fickle. Bring clothes for both extreme heat or extreme cold. Bring bug dope--black fly season is in full swing.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Eastport, ME

The only motel I am aware of in Eastport is the Motel East. It is very small mabye 10 units. I have never stayed there as I live nearby but I am told that it is fine, nothing fancy but clean. There is also a place called Harris Point which is a campground that has some cabins for rent. There are atleast a couple B&B's but I know nothing about them. There are hotels in both Calais (1/2 hr drive) and Machias (40 min drive) I agree best to have your relatives check into it. As far as weather May is a month of changes but so far this year the weather has been milder than normal. Definately pack for hot or cold, by hot I dont mean 80's or 90's it will likely not even be in the 70's especially near the water. And yes get some insect repellent.