We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine Weekend!

new york, ny
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maine Weekend!

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are planning a weekend in Maine the 2nd weekend of October. I have booked us at the Regency in Portland. Our plan is to explore Portland on Friday afternoon/night then hit the road on Saturday and explore a few small towns. I was hoping to get a recommendation on which direction to go if you could only chose one and which towns to hit. Looking for great food and some coastal views. Thanks so much!

Maine
Level Contributor
883 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maine Weekend!

If you go south you will find more beachy towns -- Kennebunkport, Ogunquit, Wells.

If you go north you will find more rocky coastline and fishing villages.

South would probably be less driving, as the popular towns are closer together and the coastline is less jagged.

North the towns are further apart and sometimes down peninsulas which would require more driving.

So if you have a preference, let us know and we can offer some highlights.

My choice would be north, but I'm not much of a beach person.

2. Re: Maine Weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 10:17