We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

My wife and I are looking at options along the New England coast for a long weekend in October (probably from 10/11-10/14) to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Despite keeping a completely open mind, we keep thinking about Maine. We spent our 5th anniversary in Bar Harbor and loved it, but we'd like to stay somewhere further south this time. Our initial thought is Ogunquit (Beachmere Inn or Gazebo Inn), but we're also thinking about Kennebunk, Camden, and Boothbay Harbor. We're looking for somewhere quaint and romantic. The kids are staying home, so this will be more of a rest/relax/recharge trip. Probably not a ton of sightseeing. Any recommendations among these 4 or some not listed? My wife wants to be on the coast for sure. Thanks!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,913 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

We usually (OK - always) camp when we're in Boothbay Harbor, but there are some pretty looking inns in town. I really like the looks of several on Townsend Avenue, but there are nice ones on both sides of the harbor:

bedandbreakfast.com/boothbay-harbor-maine.ht…

Not on your list, but a favorite "staycation" place for us is the Samoset Resort in Rockport:

http://samosetresort.com/

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

October 11-14 will put you in what may be prime fall foliage season on the southern Maine coast.... Suggest you get your reservations made as soon as you decide where to go.... And be prepared not to be the "only folks in town" on the southern Maine coast that time of year....

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

We decided on the Gazebo Inn in Ogunquit for 10/11-14. CAN. NOT. WAIT. Hopefully the leaves will be ablaze with color! Thanks for the responses, and if you have an recommendations on restaurants/activities, please share!

4. Re: 15th anniversary weekend in Maine - October - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:16