We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Maine to Nova Scotia

Philly
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
From Maine to Nova Scotia

We're just starting to think about a Maine vacation in July. I'd really like to go to Nova Scotia also and I'm wondering if there is a ferry or cruise (short) there from Maine. Any ideas?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Maine to Nova Scotia

Sorry, there is no ferry or cruise, short or long from Maine to Nova Scotia any longer. There is discussion about re-starting the ferry but it won't be this year, 2014 at the earliest.

If you could always drive to Saint John New Brunswick and catch the Princess of Acadia Ferry http://www.nfl-bay.com

Saint John New Brunswick is approximately an hr's drive from the Maine border.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 00:10
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Maine to Nova Scotia

K.C. should know -- she makes the trip from Nova Scotia to Maine and NH often enough....

Slight addition to her info for your planning purposes.... most folks headed for Nova Scotia from Maine cross the border at Calais, ME....for most direct access to Saint John, New Brunswick. Calais is about a five hour drive from the Maine-New Hampshire border if that helps with your planning....

Philly
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Maine to Nova Scotia

Thanks for the responses!

4. Re: From Maine to Nova Scotia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:18