We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful landscapes of Maine

Blue Hill, Maine
8 posts
Save Topic
Beautiful landscapes of Maine

Hello, I'd like to take some day trips or weekend trips to explore more of Maine. Would you please list some of the beautiful places you have enjoyed in our most gorgeous state?

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful landscapes of Maine

-- view across the fields to Penobscot Bay from Caterpiller Hill on Rt 15 in Brooksville....

-- view from dike on Rt 15 in Deer Isle looking back toward mainland with bridge in foreground

-- view of Mt Katahdin, looking across Salmon Stream from Scenic Turnout on northbound side of I-95 between Medway and Sherman exits of I-95

-- view across blueberry barrens on Rt 9 near intersection of Rt 9 and Rt 191 in Wesley

-- views of coastline along loop road of Schoodic Point section of Acadia National Park

-- views of Camden Harbor and mid-coast from top of Mt Battie Auto Road in Camden Hills State Park, US Rt 1 in Camden.

-- views from Gorham Mountain in Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor Section

-- view from top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor Section

-- Pemaquid Point Lighthouse in Pemaquid

-- Portland Head Light lighthouse in Cape Elizabeth

-- several spots along ME Rt 182 between Franklin and Cherryfield -- not long vistas, just nice views of ponds/woods/etc

-- view of Rangeley Lakes from Height-of-Land on Rt 16 in Oquossoc

-- view from Ocean Point in East Boothbay -- especially looking west at sunset

-- view of Sugarloaf Mountain from "Oh My Go_" corner on Rt 27 in Carrabassett Valley

-- view of Wire Bridge off Rt 27 in New Portland -- especially at foliage time

-- view of Mt Kineo from aboard steamer "Mt Katahdin" on Moosehead Lake

-- view of Penobscot River rapids from Telos Road just north of the Golden Road northwest of Millinocket

-- view of Mt Katahdin from Golen Road just west of Abol Bridge northwest of Millinocket

-- view of Shawnee Peak across Moose Pond from US 302 just west of Bridgeton

...... that's not a bad "starter" list -- am sure there are numerous others that aren't coming immediately to mind right now...

Blue Hill, Maine
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful landscapes of Maine

Thank you for taking the time to list so many beautiful places! I will print that list to keep in my car.

3. Re: Beautiful landscapes of Maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:18