We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

Hello,

I was hoping to solicit some assistance in planning a a road trip for mid-May.

2 travelers, early thirties active couple. Leaving from and returning to Boston. We have 5 days to see the sights and soak in the local culture. We're big into hikes, scenery and photo opps. We're also more on the foody side and like to try local favorite spots, especially for great local seafood. Hoping for 1 day of spa activities as well.

Places to stay prefer 4-star or better, with the idea of cost effective luxury. Budget is fairly flexible.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be a great help in planning.

Thanks.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

Two nights in Portland at The Regency, Hotel and Spa:

http://www.theregency.com/

Three nights at The Harboside Hotel, Spa, and Marina in Bar Harbor:

http://www.theharborsidehotel.com/

Lots of food choices in Portland. My favorite is Fore Street. Also Street and Company. But many, many more in the Old Port, within walking distance of The Regency.

Also good food in the Bar Harbor/Acadia region: Red Sky in Southwest Harbor, Town Hill Bistro in Town Hill, Fathom and Mache Bistro in Bar Harbor.

Lots of hiking, biking, and kayaking in Acadia National Park.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,240 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

If you are foodies, definitely go to Portland!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

golocalprov.com/lifestyle/…

The above link claims Portland as New England's 4th best food town. That's pretty good, given that the top three are the huge cities of Boston, Cambridge, and Providence, Rhode Island. Bar Harbor comes in at number six, although I don't particularly agree with the one restaurant they mention, The Ivy Manor Inn. I can name at least four restaurants in the area that are better than that.

4. Re: Need suggestions on 5 day trip plan in May from Boston area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 07:15