We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 5-6 day Itinerary in July

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Help with 5-6 day Itinerary in July

My husband and I (in our mid 50's) want to make our first visit to Maine in July for about 5 days (possibly 6). We want to do some sightseeing, wander in a quaint town, maybe a little hiking but primarily just enjoy the scenery and relax. I am overwhelmed with the possibilities and am having difficulty narrowing down our short trip. Possibly thinking of a staying at a Bed and Breakfast (Gazebo Inn?) in Ogunquit. We have not booked our air yet so we are flexible where we start from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with 5-6 day Itinerary in July

The very best scenery in Maine is at Acadia National Park. I'd suggest flying into Bangor, renting a car, and driving the hour or so to Bar Harbor. You will have a good choice for lodging and restaurants near Acadia. Bar Harbor itself is a quaint town to wander around in and is ordinarily less crowded than the towns like Ogunquit and Kennebunkport in southern Maine.

To browse through the bed and breakfast places in Bar Harbor, go to www.sleepbarharbor.com.

2. Re: Help with 5-6 day Itinerary in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:18