We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lubec to Portland

houston
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lubec to Portland

We will be spending the night in Lubec before traveling to Portland for a flight home. How long will it take to travel that distance and where is a good place to spend the night in order to arrive in Portland by 9:00 am? Thanks for your help.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lubec to Portland

It should take about four and a half hours to travel from Lubec to Portland, by way of Bangor. You could stay in Portland itself. Or you could stay just north of Portland in Freeport, home of L.L.Bean's flagship store.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lubec to Portland

Given that you need to be in Portland by 9:00.... and that Portland can still have a fair amount of commuter traffic that time of day, I'd be strongly tempted to take my time coming south from Lubec, but plan on staying somewhere in Portland or South Portland for the quickest access to the airport the next morning. We've had good luck over the years at the Hampton Inn on Philbrook Ave in South Portland or the Holiday Inn Express on Sable Oakes Drive... both offer easy access from I-95 and are close enough to the airport for easy access there. You could consider returning your rental car the end of the day when you drive down from Lubec and let the hotel shuttle get you to the airport the following day (would check with both hotels to confirm they still have a shuttle -- both did the last we knew). Of course, threre are numerous other places to stay in Portland or South Portland as well, but I would strongly consider staying somewhere "in town" rather than plan on driving in from somewhere else in the morning.

3. Re: Lubec to Portland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:18