We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine first timer-Spur of the moment trip-Leave in 2 weeks!

Florida
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Maine first timer-Spur of the moment trip-Leave in 2 weeks!

Help! Normally I have plenty of time to research for a trip and I utilize trip advisor for all my trips. I am overwhelmed since I will be leaving 2 weeks from today and just decided on a whim to make the trip. I have never been to Maine or anywhere in New England. Will be there 5 nights. Flying in to Portland. Love anything related to the outdoors especially in, on, or around the water. Love to see wildlife. Ideally would love to stay in a rental house or hotel that is waterfront or has a water view. We are looking for a balance between relaxation and taking in some sights but we are not going to break our necks to see everything in 6 days. I am guessing I should split the stay between 2 locations to see more of the beauty there. We won't be doing much hiking. Kayaking, fishing or a boat tour of some kind sound like fun. We are two 40 something year olds traveling without children. All you Maine lovers please help us make the most of the trip!

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maine first timer-Spur of the moment trip-Leave in 2 weeks!

start with the penobscot bay area and Bar Harbor

2. Re: Maine first timer-Spur of the moment trip-Leave in 2 weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:17