We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare towns in midcoast area?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Compare towns in midcoast area?

Hi there. I used to vacation at a family friend's place on Southport isle when I was younger, and I'm getting the jones to visit Maine again. Because I usually stayed at someone's home, I spent most of my time in Southport and Boothbay Harbor. This time, however, my wife & I would be staying at a B&B, hotel or rental, and I'm wondering if I should consider staying in some other towns like Pemaquid, Bristol, etc.

Some background: We are a female same-sex married couple, 37 and 42, who live in New York City. We are mainly interested in relaxing, eating good food (she's a vegetarian, I'm not,) beautiful scenery (sand or rocky beaches, forests, lakes/ponds) and the occasional activity like whale watching or easy hiking. We don't need to do all the tourist shops or crowded activities.

So, any suggestions, pros or cons? I'd love to hear some insider scoop!

Many thanks!

Maine
Level Contributor
404 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare towns in midcoast area?

Not exactly to you question, but Pepperclub in Portland is our favorite vegetarian friendly restaurant in Maine.

2. Re: Compare towns in midcoast area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17