We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 2014 Vacation Ideas

Midwest
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July 2014 Vacation Ideas

My husband and I (50's) are looking for some helpful ideas for our trip next summer. We will have about 8 days. Would like to go one of the areas known for rafting and moose safaris, etc for a couple days. Have looked at Greenville or possibly Millinocket. (or open to suggestions). The other portion we would like to spend on coast. Whale watch, lighthouse tours etc. Probably Bar Harbor. Are there other areas with similar activities? I just seem to read so much about Bar Harbor and Acadia Natl Park.

I am looking for activity, area and lodging suggestions. We have never really stayed at places other than chain hotels, so we would really like to try some inns and/or Bed and Breakfast.

Thank you in advance. I really appreciate that so many people take time to help out others.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 2014 Vacation Ideas

Did you come this summer (your January post)? If so, it would help us eliminate the things you did already from any suggestions we might make for this time around.

Midwest
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: July 2014 Vacation Ideas

No we did not. At that time we were looking at a trip with parents who live in TX and did not want to travel that far. But my husband and I are looking for a special trip for our 30th anniversary

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 2014 Vacation Ideas

If you are into rafting and going to be in Millinocket, I'd suggest http://jumpandraft.com/

Great ride down the Penobscot and you can also skydive (if you are that adventurous.)

For the coast, I'd go to Lubec and Eastport. Take your passport to go to Campobello Island. Less touristy and less traveled than Bar Harbor.

PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July 2014 Vacation Ideas

We stayed at this Bed and Breakfast a few years ago while exploring Baxter State Park and the Millinocket area. We still talk about returning. Also provided with stay were kayaks for exploring the lake. We did some hiking and drove the Golden Road and saw quite a few moose.

http://www.5lakeslodge.com/

5. Re: July 2014 Vacation Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:17