We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

milking cows and eating apple pie

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
294 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
milking cows and eating apple pie

Maine = Lobster I know I know,,,,,

Are there any cool off beaten path farm stays etc?

where we can pick berries, milk cows etc?

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

I know there is such a thing, I remember reading an article in Down East magazine years back, but don't remember the name. Maybe you can start here, http://www.mainefarmvacation.com/ and find what you are looking for.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

Maple Lane Farm in Windsor, Maine. Bed and Breakfast, small, working farm. Phone 207-549-3495.

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
Ontario, Canada
Maine
Maine
United States
Bradley, Maine
Level Contributor
685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

You can pick berries just about anytime of the year if you can find them. This time of year, Rasberries, couple weeks it will be Blackberries. Just past Strawberries. In August, there are some fields that are "pick your own" blueberries and in the fall (sept/Oct) you can pick your own apples pretty much any part of the state. My favorite, Conant's!

I really don't know of any places where you'd milk your own cow though. Can't imagine too many places do that by hand these days, but maybe!

Maunaloa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

unca's farm in whitefield maine is really nice - organic veggies and strawberries and they have a nice horse

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

Not an organized farm stay in that they don't do the B&B thing, but a drop dead beautiful apple orchard (killer view) and two apartments available for rent on one of the most gorgeous penninsulas in Maine (the Pemaquid Penninsula).

You are near so many things (lighthouse, Damariscotta, Round Pond, the ferry to Monhegan) but far away from it all in that it's incredibly quiet and remote. Check out Clark Cove Farm in South Bristol (Walpole) http://www.clarkscovefarm.com/

I visited there this weekend for the first time and just stood at the top of the hill as if in a trance because it was so incredibly beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Damariscotta
Damariscotta
Mid Coast Maine, ME
6. Re: milking cows and eating apple pie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 12:19