We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schooner trip - Camden or booth bay?

Stokesdale, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Schooner trip - Camden or booth bay?

We'll be traveling up the Maine coast mid June. Would love to do a schooner trip for a couple hrs. Which are (Camden or boothbay) is better for the experience of seeing lighthouses and sea animals? We'll be in boothbay before the windjammer festival starts - should that be of concern with reservations? Also morning or midday? Thanks!

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
772 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schooner trip - Camden or booth bay?

Winds tend to be calm, or non-existent, in the morning and typically picks up in the afternoon. So if you're prone to sea sickness, go in the am....but if you want a great experience of winds in the sails, go in the afternoon. The windjammer festival is a very busy time in Boothbay Harbor, so I would make sure you have reservations for lodging and restaurants. Personally, I think you can't go wrong with a schooner ride out of either place. I would check out and/or call the individual companies to see what sights their sailings include and pick your day based on that and also weather.

Stokesdale, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schooner trip - Camden or booth bay?

Thank you for the additional information. An afternoon trip sounds more exciting than the morning trip we were initially thinking of doing. Now to look into the schooner options.

3. Re: Schooner trip - Camden or booth bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17