We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campfires

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Campfires

Does anyone know if you can have fires on Hunnewell Beach/ Pompham State Park in Maine?

Maine
Level Contributor
893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Campfires

No open fires are allowed at any state parks. You can use the provided grills.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campfires

Do you know if they are allowed at Hunnewell Beach? Thank you!

Maine
Level Contributor
893 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Campfires

Sorry, I've got no info on Hunnewell beach.

Phippsburg, Maine
Level Contributor
250 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campfires

It's safe to assume that fires on Popham Village beach and Hunnewell Beach are probably not legal. That said, there is literally no enforcement and lots of driftwood.

As a local, I find lots of evidence of beach fires and little to no reporting of citations being issued in the local papers.

My suggestion, if you build a fire, keep off the dunes, build it below the high water mark and be safe. Please leave no trace. Be certain you're not on State Beach property, which includes the stretch from Spinney's to Fort Popham.

Have fun!

5. Re: Campfires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:17