We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Looking to visit in the summer.

Maine
Level Contributor
893 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Take your pick. Wiscasset has a sign when entering town that says they are. But that's certainly debatable.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Wiscasset isn't even coastal. I think Bar Harbor is very pretty with it's two village parks, it's Porcupine Islands, it's mountain backdrop, it's quaint main street, pretty churches, stone wall flowers, and much more.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Downeast magazine readers chose Stonington, ME as the prettiest village in Maine. If you drive from Boston you can see several lovely coastal towns. IMO it's worth checking out the Old Port in Portland too.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 13:06
Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Downeast magazine readers chose Stonington, ME as the prettiest village in Maine. If you drive from Boston you can see several lovely coastal towns. IMO it's worth checking out the Old Port in Portland too.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 13:06
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

An added bonus to Stonington is that it's a working harbor.

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

What exactly are you looking to do? Do you just want to sit, relax & look at water or do you need more options like restaurants, shops, attractions etc?

There are many places along the Maine Coast which are pretty but might not have many options.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Will have the family there including our four kids (16, 10, 9, 7) ... so they love just collecting shells/rocks as well as some hiking. We would love a house where we could walk both to the water as well as one of the beautiful towns for coffee, shopping, and of course FOOD!. So far I am looking at either Belfast or Camden.

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Top 5 most scenic spots in Maine, coast edition -- according to "Maine Today:" mainetoday.com/maine-travel/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
938 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

Belfast or Camden is a good choice. Small quaint towns by the ocean with food options.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the prettiest coastal village of Maine?

I really like Belfast. Less touristed than other choices.