We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unusual or interesting sights in Maine?

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
906 posts
366 reviews
Save Topic
Unusual or interesting sights in Maine?

I asked a similar question before, but we leave Sunday, so hoping I get another response or two. We have never been to Maine, and dont want to miss something really great. We are driving from NY to Boothbay Harbor, 3 nights, then to the Kennebec for river rafting, 1 night, then 2 nights near Acadia NP.

Would love suggestions for must-do fun stuff that our teens would enjoy.

I would also like to take our two teens to see things that are a bit unusual or really interesting, perhaps not the usual tourist sights. Maybe a funky little museum or historic house, or a little-known beauty spot, a must-try restaurant, or really neat shop, etc....

Suggestions welcome. TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Boothbay Harbor
Boothbay Harbor
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Kennebec Inn
Kennebec Inn
129 Reviews
Bath, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
1. Re: Unusual or interesting sights in Maine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 07:16