We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 2007 Advice Needed

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
July 2007 Advice Needed

My wife and I will be in New England from July 16-24, 2007. We are primarily interested in spending this time in Maine, specifically Acadia NP, although we also would like the White Mountains of NH. We will fly into Boston and head north immediately. We are not campers, and we are not into extreme hiking, rafting etc. This will be more of a romantic sightseeing trip. I am interested in romantic B&Bs and must-see sights.

Does anyone have suggestions for places to see and stay, and a possible itinerary?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 2007 Advice Needed

With respect to Acadia NP, Mount Desert Island, and Bar Harbor, there are a couple of good sources on the web.

www.acadiamagic.com provides liks to National Park activities, lodging, food, and things to do.

www.sleepbarharbor.com is the website of the Bar Harbor Bed & Breakfast Association. It provides descriptions, rates, and for most of the member inns, availability. The latter becomes important because July and August are the busiest tourism months here.

The Overview tab at the top of this page will take you to descriptions of hikes (easy and not-so-easy) and walks, restaurants, etc.

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 2007 Advice Needed

I think it's a great idea to do both, and two of the most romantic, lovely places I've ever stayed are in those two spots: Balance Rock Inn and the Notchland Inn. Can't recommend them enough to you...

www.balancerockinn.com

www.notchlandinn.com

3. Re: July 2007 Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 13:16