We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scene View Motel in Finksburg

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Topic
Scene View Motel in Finksburg

What's this place like? We are coming for a wedding over the weekend in Hunt Valley. We need a hotel for one extra night and this place is cheap and near where the bride's family lives. Is it a total dive? Or is it a straightforward no-frills but functional hotel?

Thanks.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

I've never stayed there, but I drive by frequently. My advice is that you check out the Boston Inn a few miles up the road in Westminster. It has good reviews and a nice overall look, and is also inexpensive.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

um....i've never stayed there, but....i'd say....no.

always looked like a "no-tell motel" to me.

its most famous hour was a highly publicized drug bust several years ago that eventually ended the career of carroll county's previous sheriff.

come on up the road a little to westminster, there are several better options (including the boston inn as previously mentioned).

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

LOL gotta expand on that, i guess...

there was something about all the reporters & photographers from the local paper being "invited" to the drug bust...

& the front page picture of the sheriff holding a gun to the head of an obviously handcuffed person...

that just didn't sit real well with the voters in the next election. gee, can't imagine why!

Los Angeles
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

Thanks all. Heeded your advice, and actually shot further down the road to Pikesville Howard Johnson. Certainly not top notch, but nice folks and super cheap for an evening. Watch for that mold on the shower curtain!

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

well, sorry you won't be visiting my little home town of westminster....

but glad you aren't staying in the no-tell!

6. Re: Scene View Motel in Finksburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 22:20