Greetings. I need logistical help evaulating a 2-day jaunt to the Delmarva Peninsula/shore after 4 days in DC and 3 in Williamsburg/Jamestown. We have three kids aged 5 - 11, and after days of museums and culture I'd love to show my West Coast kids either a charming eastern seaboard town and/or beautiful beaches of the Atlantic--no agenda, just hanging out. I've poured thru guidebooks, but am challenged to figure out what makes sense logistically with our schedule.
• I leave Jamestown/Williamsburg at the end of a long busy August Saturday, and need to be back at DC airport midday Tuesday.
• I don't mind doing some driving Saturday evening to reach a great destination.
• Do I have enough time to spend Saturday night thru Tuesday morning at Tilghman Island or Oncanconk, Chincoteague, St. Michaels or Chestertown, etc? If so, any suggestions? (Ocean City does not appeal.)
• I am open to going anywhere, but want to focus on either waterfront charm or natural beauty.
• Am I crazy to think I can include a loop up the Peninsula in such a short time frame?
Another option would be to spend those two days in the Hampton Roads area, or up in Alexandria, etc. We've spent time in Annapolis and Baltimore, so I am hoping for a new waterfront experience and a calmer pace than our DC and Williamsburg visits.
Many, many thanks.