We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day road trip

pikesville, md.
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4 day road trip

I'm trying to find an interesting place to go with my husband for a 4 day road trip in October, early november. We would start from Md. and go in any direction. I want someplace fun, & romantic. Would love to stay at a B&B. We like to be outdoors, see nature.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day road trip

Blue Ridge - Smokey Mtns - Down to the luxurious Inn at Biltmore. I'm sure a new england loop would be gorgeous, too, but I'm not as familiar with the route options.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day road trip

Check out the Finger Lakes region of NY state. Lots of wineries, hiking, boating, etc...roughly 5 hrs drive from Baltimore.

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day road trip

New Hope PA, Princeton, NJ - lots of bb and biking hiking, Cape May.

Nemicolin in Pittsburgh. Charlottesville or Skyline dr.

Alexandria, VA. , Brandywine Valley, Philly. Trying to make suggestions that don't lose a whole day getting there.

Mentioned in this post
New Hope
New Hope
Bucks County, PA
Alexandria
Alexandria
Virginia
Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day road trip

You may want to consider heading to the Northern Neck of Virginia. At that time, fall colors may still be vibrant, and the setting is both rural and romantic. Once place to stay would be the Tides Inn. www.tidesinn.com

Using this as your base, you can just relax at the beautiful inn and take in some of their activites or tour wineries, visit Caledon nature area, Belle Isle State Park, and/or Westmoreland State Park, see the Stratford Hall Plantation, tour George Washington's birthplace, take a cruise to Tangier Island, or visit some battlefields. www.northernneck.org

5. Re: 4 day road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 06:18