We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

MA
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

Driving from Boston MA. Need a clean, safe, budget hotel on I 95 north of Baltimore in order to get to Lorton VA by 11 a.m. next day. Would rather tackle Baltimore-Washington corridor in the a.m. when fresh, rather than at the end of the 8-hour drive from Boston. Any help appreciated.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,960 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

Can you hold out a bit longer and make it "south" of Baltimore instead? That would avoid you having to get through Baltimore's rush hour the next morning. You could stay at any number of places near BWI Airport, for example.

MA
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

Irishfan, thanks for the suggestion. My brother just left after telling us about a highly rated LaQuinta about 30 minutes north of Balto which would put us under 2 hours from Lorton. That way we can avoid the "big rush hour(s)", and still make it to our destination in plenty of time. Having lived in DC metro area, we know the rush really never ends, but waiting 'til after 9 a.m. will be better than dealing with 6 - 9 traffic.

Love Trip Advisor and its helpful members. Thanks again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,111 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

Don't listen to my suggestion either to travel just that little but further to the BWI or Arundel Mills hotel districts. But it is what I would do knowing what twig can be like.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,960 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

Personally I would not leave anywhere north of Baltimore at 9:00 in the morning if I had to be in Lorton at 11:00, but I'm assuming the 11:00 arrival in Lorton is just an estimate and not a "must be there" kind of thing.

5. Re: I 95 hotel north of Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:17