We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Getaway from NYC

New York
14 posts
Save Topic
Luxury Getaway from NYC

My wife and I are looking for some short getaways trips from NYC. We prefer something with 2-3-4 hours of driving, must be 5-star. Can be a resort, spa, inn, or just plain hotel.

We last tried the mayflower inn in washington, ct.

Please help us with suggestions!

Thank you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

Two places come to mind immediately.

1. Inn at Little Washington (http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/). Definitly 5 stars, but probably a little more than 4 hours from NYC. Located in Northern Virginia.

2. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake(…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp). Might not be 5 stars, but I have heard very good things about it and its atmosphere.

Otherwise, it is difficult to find 5 stars on the east coast (in my experience) that close to NY.

Good Luck!

dctravel

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

I would say Hyatt Chesapeake Bay it is about 4 hours from NYC alot of things to do and it is 4 star, If you are looking for 5 star , which I believe there are only about 80, Ritz in Georgetown, DC or the Greenbrier in WV.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

Check out the Inn at Perry Cabin in St Michaels, MD. It's excellent and classy with great food, rooms and service.

Suzanne

4. Re: Luxury Getaway from NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:19