We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with restaurants!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with restaurants!!!!

My husband and I are travelling to Boston for three days in 6 weeks time and would love advice on where to eat. We adore Indian and would like somewhere with atmosphere. Also Mexican (somebody has recommended Casa Romero??), and as it is our wedding anniversary whilst we are there, we would love somewhere with great views of the city and fab atmosphere.

Please help as it's not often we get away alone minus kids!!

We are staying at the Charlemark Hotel so are quite central.

Anneen

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with restaurants!!!!

For Mexican food that tends toward the "real," Casa Romero is outstanding as are Sol Azteca on the Brookline/Boston border along Beacon St and Ole in Cambridge's Inman Square. The "Tex Mex" variation on this cuisine is handled well by the local Anna's Taqueria and Picante chains.

While Indian restaurants have proliferated in recent years, there are more to choose from in Brookline, Cambridge and Waltham than "in town." My personal favorite out of all that I've tried is New Mother India in Waltham. Their brunch buffet stands alone amongst all the "leftover surprise" offerings at other Indian places. For dinner, the menu selection is wide-ranging and superb. They even have a "house ale" that goes stupendously with curry dishes. My preferred alternative at suppertime for Indian food is the India Pavilion, by far the best out of Central Square's (Cambridge) four choices.

The best restaurants for views are the Bay Tower at 60 State St downtown, near Quincy Market, and the Top of the Hub in the Prudential tower.

Of late, Thai cuisine has taken off even more than it already had been doing, with several new places opening this past year. Erawan of Siam, in Waltham, and the "Sweet Chili" restaurants get my nod in that category.

Within this forum, exchanges have been frequent and spirited over which Italian restaurant in the North End "rules." Browse through some of the other posts for inspiration.

Bon appetit and happy anniversary!

boston
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with restaurants!!!!

Anna's taquera is great (cheap) and you and your husband can see brookline and have lunch for under $10.

If you want to venture over the river to Cambridge (near Harvard Sqaure) I'd recommend Ole Mexican Grille in Inman Square (near Harvard Square). It's higher end dining, but they have a Duck with Molee sauce which is awsome. You should also get the Guacamole, which is made fresh, tableside style (quite a production).