We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip suggestions

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
day trip suggestions

I know this is so last minute but I'm trying to decide on where to go tomorrow for a day trip. I was thinking of going to Salem, Gloucester or Rockport. I am looking for a place to walk around with nice shops, maybe a beach to check out and just a nice feel to it. Of the three which would you pick? I am about 1 hr south of Boston.

Do any of these places have a lighthouse? Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip suggestions

Rockport is a wonderful day trip & tomorrow they are having an acoustic music festival that is free:

www.rockportusa.com/festival-event.cfm?id=59

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip suggestions

Rockport would be a nice daytrip. I'm sure you would be able to spend at least a few hours enjoying yourself there, but if its not for you, then you'll already be up there for Gloucester, Essex, etc.

Have a nice lobster in the rough at Roy Moore's.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,124 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip suggestions

While I am a big fan of RP just to suggest an option- if you have not been to Portsmouth or York ME the north coast is a wonderful daytrip from your location.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions. Neslaw the York,Ogunquit, Kennebunkport area is one of my favorite places. We go every year in October after the summer (beach) crowds have gone. I'll have to check into Rockport. I just saw online that there is a waterfront festival tomorrow in Gloucester. Maybe we can do that as well.

5. Re: day trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 07:17