We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows what happened to Zeppy's Baigel Bakery in Randolph? I know they closed down, but did someone buy them out? Can I still get their bagels somewhere?

Please let me know if you have any info on their company because I love their bagels!

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,449 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

I never had Zeppy's, but if you are looking for authentic, hand made, boiled, then baked bagels, try Kupel's in Brookline or Katz's in Chelsea.

Downtown, I like Bruegger's. Finagle is ok too. Although I think the first two I mentioned are better.

I occassionally enjoy a toasted "bagel" from Dunk's but I don't consider it much more than donut-shaped bread ... so it's more like eating toast than eating a bagel, but that's ok as long as you aren't expecting an "real" bagel --- lol!

Edited: 06 May 2011, 17:45
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

This place had great bagels. You would have to use the internet to find out if the bagels are still sold. If they are, I doubt they are close to the original.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

Zeppy's was bought out a while ago by Bagel Boy. They are now baking bagels in Lawrence Ma....I bought some Zeppy's bagels at Market Basket a while ago..but to be honest it was many months so not sure if they still carry them.

I can say that the Bagel Boy is located on my way to work and smells wonderful every morning. The other day, I noticed that they also have a retail store. Sometime in the next few days, I will check out the store and ask if it's the same recipe..and ask where else they are sold.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

They definitely sell Zeppy's bagels at Market Basket, at least the one I stopped at this morning. I too would doubt they are as good as what you get in the bakery.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

Thanks for that info, I will have to make a special trip to Market Basket.

Florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

Does any store carry the old Zeppy's bagel ?? If bought out, what is the new name of the bagel, and is it as good ?

7. Re: Zeppy's Baigel Bakery??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 21:18